Peaceful PR is a response to the fast-paced, high-pressure world of public relations. A world I’ve lived in for over 15 years.
Working in PR brings many rewarding – heck, sometimes even thrilling – experiences. (How else would I’ve been able to write TV PSAs for Justin Timberlake and meet him not once, but three times!)
But, it also can be thankless, dejecting and downright exhausting.
This blog and its associated social media pages (Instagram, Facebook) are meant to be a source of encouragement and inspiration for PR pros. A place where we can be real about working in an industry where we feel expected to be “on,” with a smile, 24/7.
Why Peaceful PR?
- Because public relations-related positions are consistently ranked among the top 10 most stressful jobs in the United States.
- Because, as an industry, we’re always talking about doing more, better, faster – but we rarely talk about the toll this takes.
- Because I’ve seen friends and colleagues stress out, freak out and burn out, thanks to their PR career.
- Because sometimes we are our own worst enemies.
- Because we need to be our own advocates for our health and well-being.
- Because I have struggled to find balance and peace in my PR work – and still do.
I hope you’ll join me in pursuing a more peaceful PR journey.